>Bob & Joy Graham wrote:

>> Attention all drug company representatives:

>> Where and when can we get this new drug?  Seems to me most neurologists and
>> in fact anyone who operates on PWP (and who have to come off oral PD
>> treatment) would be really hanging out for this injectable form of l-dopa.

Joe replied:

>I dunno, but a daily needle for me would be a last resort. A better
>prospect is a skin patch (also daily) mentioned most recently in the
>NPF magazine I wrote about. Neither one is ready for approval just yet.
>Cheers,
>Joe
>--
>J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
>3527 Cody Road
>Sherman Oaks, CA 91403-5013

To which I said:

Joe,
 You missed my point!
Certainly no one wants to have to have an injection everyday.
  I was thinking of those people who for some reason or another can't take
oral medications - through having surgery, fasting, or as I have seen, in a
horrible hallucinatory aggressive state and REFUSING meds to their own real
detriment (like not being able to swallow due to rigidity +++ =
malnutrition)
Wouldn't it be nice to know that if you were facing surgery - you would not
have to worry about a long period of being "off" because you could not take
oral meds?

Also the skin patch (so far) is a dopamine agonist - not levodopa - so
whilst that too will be useful, it only goes so far.

We must keep asking questions if we want the answers.

Cheers

Joy Graham