On Fri 26 Jun, layla arden wrote:
> ---Luis and Wendy Samper <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

My father is in the same situation. After taking his pills, he starts
feeling bad again. He starts becoming very slow and starts having
muscle cramps and some jerky movements on his face. I wonder if it is
because it is the time to take his pills come or it is the side effect
of the pills. After 3 or 4 hours he starts feeling good again or he
feels good in the mornings until he takes his first medicine.

I would love to learn what we can do about this.

                 =================================
Hello Layla and Wendy.
        The symptoms which you are describing look very much to be the
onset of the phenomenon known as Dyskinesia. This is generally described
as unco-ordinated random movements, or it can be a sort of writhing
movement of the hands, arms or just about anywhere elsa. The time at
which your patients are getting the dyskinesias appear to indicate that
the output of the CR tablet (is that all he takes?) is simply too high for
them.

It is quite possible to be unable to handle the output of a CR tablet - I
would be in severe distress myself if I took one, but I have had PD for 20+
years.

The only way out of this problem is to stop using the CR tablets, and go
back to the conventional Sinemet tablets. The tricky bit is finding your
precise flow rate. If yor read my booklet (Living with Levodopa) at the
URL below. it will save a lot of repetition.

          http:/www.newcountry.nu/pd/mag.htm

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>