Mary:
I had never used the phrase "There but for the grace of God, go I", until I
got into recovery.  I watch young, so young, 15 - 16 addicted to crack.
Mother's pregnant with babies with other little babies snorting cocaine.  A
wino in an alley drinking or dipping in dumpsters.  I say to myself or outloud
"There but for the Grace of God go I", for you see I am a miracle in one
respect.  I have been clean and sober for 9 1/2 years only by the grace of God
(my higher Power.)  I am not better than or arrogant to the less fortunate,
just thankful I am where I am.

So, now that I have PD, I have something else to say "There but for the grace
of God go I", because I feel there is always someone worse off than me.  I
have to fight for the gifts I receive, fight the good fight.  I have to keep
an open mind that all hope is not lost.  I know you did not ask for my input
but I needed to say this for me.  To remember that I am truly blessed for the
gifts I have gotten.
Thanks for reminding me.
Gina Cass
47/6 months (5yrs of symptoms - just no diagnosis)