This NJ Congressman was a Udall Bill obstructionist last year when we were
trying to get it passed originally.  He said it was because of the use of
fetal tissue from abortions as part of PD treatment.
The main NJ paper had a major profile type article about him the other day.
He came across as a very compassionate person, as an activist congressman
who has  championed all kinds of human rights victims all over the world.
From Tibet to Croatia and Bosnia, Somalia, Korea, China, etc.   Many of
his  causes involve  children  but he's apparently  helped adult groups as
well.  He also considers the aborted unborn to be human right's victims and
has particularly emphasized the plight of Chinese women, who (many of them)
are forced to have abortions after one child.  Whatever you think of the
abortion issue, he came across as such a compassionate person that I was
wondering if it were worth it for me to write him a letter or two to try to
get him to change his mind about us.

A few questions for those who might  have an answer.
1.    Is it worth it?  Is he in any committee leadership positions that
matter to Udall?  He's been there for 18 years  - since he was 27.
2.  Is fetal tissue implantation still part of the program  for treating PD
now, and is it likely to remain a part of the program?  Is it still
considered experimental or can any of us now get it done?  Does it work? As
successful as the pig implants?  In short is  there anything I could tell
him that would be good news, from his standpoint, on using aborted fetus's?
We rarely hear about it here on the List.
3. Was anything ever put in Udall about this issue?

Thanks,
BBA