My wife Cecily 78/~20  gave up driving some years ago. She noticed (as did
I ) that when she was driving her foot shaking on the accelerator pedal made
the car jump. She made the decision herself to quit driving. I really
believe that in today's driving environment that anyone having a handicap of
any kind should not drive. It's too dangerous for themselves and others. It
is a hard decision but often necessary. Cecily misses being able to drive as
it makes her totally dependent on others for transportation, and that ain't
easy for anyone. Also there was another phenomenon that would have sooner or
later affected her driving, the slower mental response that could sooner or
later present a problem. I feel for all of you PWPs in this respect because
it is another aspect of this terrible disease that PWOPs ( people without
Parkinsons) probably don't think of. I can handle the extra burden, after
all she had looked after me for almost 57 years.
Love to all
Bob Anibal