The following message is being posted on the internet at the request of Lupe
McCann.  Lupe is working on projects to expedite the quality and delivery of
medical care for people with Parkinson Disease as a project of the Alliance

In an attempt to help balance the budget in 1997 Medicare has cut back funding
out patient rehabilitation services. This will impact heavily in the PD
Community. Physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy are
essential to the successful management of our debilitating disease.
Reimbursement will be cut in half beginning Jan 1999.

We can not stand by quietly and allow this to happen.  I implore you all to
support HR 3835 which is the Reinstatement of the Medicare Rehabilitation
Benefit Act of 1998 sponsored by Congressman  John Ensign and  a similar bill
sponsored in the Senate by Senators Reid and Grassley.

Call and write to your Congressmen -and Senators . Share with them the
hardship the reduction will have on our quality of life.

Remember those of us able to object to these cut backs represent many people
in the Community who are bed ridden and/or home bound.

We desperately need the benefits restored to their previous levels for those
of us living with Parkinson Disease

May I also ask that those reading this message take a copy to their support
group and publish this letter in their support group news letters.

 Dale Severance for Lupe McCann