Hi Don;

> I seem to have lost my info on how to search the parkinson archives.  Could
> someone help please.  E-mail me if you prefer.  Thanks

Here is the text of janet paterson's latest post on accessing the
archives:

SNIP
for the 'newbies'
to the pd list cyber family
here is some info on searching for information
on PubMed studies [or anything else] in the pd list archives

since every message ever posted to the pd list
is automatically included in our evergrowing pd list archives
they contain a vast amount of information
dating back to the list's creation in november 1993
by our esteemed 'list mom' barb patterson

during the past year
i have posted over 100 abstracts
of current published medical studies on parkinson's disease
as obtained from the free PubMed website provided by the US government

my purpose in posting them was twofold:
to provide up to date information to our list family members
to ensure the information is included in our archives for future
reference [ and maybe a future 'aha' ]

as i understand it, at some point in the future,
we hope to re-gain access to the search option [using e-mail]
which is [was] part of the listserve software
as provided by the pd listserver home at the university of toronto

in the meantime, those of us with web access
can search the pd list archives at the 'James' website
[aha! named for james parkinson]
kindly provided by Simon Coles:

1. go to his website "Welcome to James"  at:
     http://new.parkinsons.org.uk/index.htm

2. click on the 'hot link' to the search page
and then enter the following term in the search query window:
     pmid

alternatively,
if you wanted to search for all studies posted
that refer to selegiline [for example] in particular
enter the following terms in the search query window:
     pmid AND selegiline

3. you should then be presented with a list of postings
click on one of them to look at it
you could then print it, or download it, or mail it to yourself

knowledge = power

SNIP

All the best .............. Murray