Jacob Drollinger wrote:

> Friends,
>
> I just read Judy's post on the DBS technology being sold, and I said to
> myself, "Oh, crap. Does this mean we have to go through the approval process
> again?"
> In a related matter, did anyone else see the spot on the NBC news last week
> about how drugs are put on the "Fast track" by the FDA, only to be recalled
> months later due to serious (sometimes fatal) side effects.
> I know that most P.D. drugs have side effects. Some have quite a few side
> effects. But never have I heard of an anti-P.D. drug, or surgical procedure
> for that matter, actually killing someone. I am starting to seriously get
> pissed off. I sent a message to the FDA a few weeks ago, stating my case. I
> did get a most sincere response back, from a woman who said, more or less,
> that market size has a lot to do with how fast drugs are approved.
> Just how big does our market have to get before we get "Fast tracked?"

Just a few years ago the FDA was severly critized for holding drugs too
lon-they did too. There was a reason from what happened in the babies in
Germany. They just can't win. They are probably hard working people,
doing their very best. PD will get fast tracted if we keep pushing. But
remember, it is dangerous.

Nita
Nita