I am sure if the time comes that I should stop driving, it will not be easy to
give it up, at this point I prefer anyone else to drive, as I typically drive
a few hundred miles a week while doing my service calls. If a person is
impaired by any condition that cannot be treated well enough to make them safe
drivers, especially if they are able to get along without driving, they
should.  In many cities a car is not even worth the trouble. My 23 year old
son has a car, but commutes by metro (subway train) from Virginia to D.C. much
of the time, even though it is a 4 block walk to the station. It saves him the
trouble of finding parking.  If you have to drive..be careful out there!