Gina, speaking as a son of a (late) PWP, it was a privilege to be able to
drive, or do errands for my father, I wish I had done it more. Never feel
guilty about that. Parents do plenty for children when they are growing up, so
it is good to give them a chance to return the favors!  Good luck in whatever
you decide about the driving.  When my daughter Jamie was 6, my wife Barbara
had surgery and Jqmie went to the store with me, and was like a little
policewoman! She checked every item I picked up and told me that it was ok, or
"Mom never buys that kind" or "she buys the BIG can of that" etc, she also did
not let me get anything not on the list. After the cart was full, she asked me
to wait, went to the bakery for her free cookie, came back and asked me for
money for the Coke machine, of couse she earned that coke! I was so amazed at
what she knew about shopping, and what I did not!  She's almost 20 now..still
tells me what to do! (just like her mother!) Also she is a great