<< >As I was thumbing through a popular women's magazine recently, a full page
ad
 >about Multiple Sclerosis caught my eye. Another women's magazine contained a
 >full page informative ad on Alzheimer's disease from the Alzheimer's
 >Association.  I also discovered two more full page ads (in still other
 >magazines) --one on Cancer, one on Leukemia, which were both from "America's
 >Pharmaceutical Companies". >>
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Just a thought.... why don't we take some of the wonderful life stories on the
PD Web Ring, add a brief introduction and send them off to one if the women's
magazines under the title, "'Women Coping with Parkinson's Disease" or "Could
YOU Have Parkinson's Disease?" (or whatever).
 As a former business owner, it was always my practice to generate free
publicity, rather than take out costly ads.  I also suspect people are more
likely to read stories, than they are to read advertisements.

Mary Sheehan