In a message dated 6/29/98 5:20:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<   that is
 NOT to say that that family is subject to a hereditary form of disease.
 (Please, oh, please don't ask me to explain--I take a lot of this on faith
 from our physicians and research staff.) >>

"Familial" means just that that. It runs in a family.  However, that term
means nothing about source.  It is not limited to PD or any particular
condition.  It may be that all affected members have been exposed to the same
toxin, or germ, or social prejudice.  The term is used to say that it runs in
that family-no more.

Regards,
WHH 54/18