Dear Ivan,
Thanks for the info on Congressman Baldacci.  It is good to know of his
interest when the time is right.  My genuine concern is that at a time when
everyone is out campaigning for re-election, the Congressman's great efforts
will fall short, not because of anything he might do or not do, but because
his colleagues' attention will naturally be diverted from our issue just
because they are trying to keep their jobs and our cause will appear to lack
interest and momentum.  Congressman Baldacci sounds too committed to allow his
interest to leave him in the space of a few months.  In addition, it is
possible that more people will be in a better position to lend  support to the
idea of a caucus at a later date.  Right now, we all are spread mighty thin.

Sincerely,
Barb Brock