Hi Michael: I have always considered myself to have the best of both
worlds: my right side had tremors & my left side was frozen; my kids
would ask to play  Peter Pan but only if I would be Capt. Hook! They
would say (bless the little darlin's) that my face was on crooked.  So
you can imagine my happiness & joy after my first successful
pallidotomy! He went in on the right side to fix my left side. The
rigidity was gone; my arm and hand were at peace, my left foot didn't
drag all gimpy behind. I was able to reduce my sinemet somewhat, but was
always bothered by the fact that I had to medicate my seemingly healthy
side-I explained it to my surgeon this way: it felt like I  had had half
a "boob-job"! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to enjoy this sensation for
very long. In a weird turn of events, my second pallidotomy, while
nearly killing me, brought back all the symptoms that I thought were
cured from the first-threefold! So now, I'm back to having the best of
both worlds-again!   Best, Joan