On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:59:28 -0400, you wrote:

>I apparently also have spinal stenosis and I can assure you it is worse =
than
>PD at the stage I am in at least.  I had my second steroid shot =
yesterday
>(is this the same as cortisone?), but the doctor as the pain management
>center was unenthusiastic about success when I told him that the first =
one
>didn't have any positive effect.  And I am also limited as to =
painkillers
>because of a stomach prone to bleeding.  All I can take is Percocet, =
which
>is a narcotic and doesn't work so well anyway.  Along with the other 3 =
list
>members who recently asked for suggestions, if anyone knows anything =
about
>it, or about non-aspirin based alternative painkillers,  please post.
>Thanks.
>Bruce Anderson (52, 3.5+)

Bruce,

I have operated on PWPs who had stenosis.  In my experience, the
results are decent.  Will be happy to discuss further after my
vacation (packing as I write this, and will go to Nomail later today).

Best,

Bob  (write me privately if you wish)

Robert A. Fink, M.D., FACS, P. C.
2500 Milvia Street   Suite 222