Joining the list has certainly increased my awareness of PD.  As Wendy
said, we (my family) thought that the only symptom/minus point of PD
was the tremor (and we only knew poeple with hand tremors).  It did seem
as if it was a cosmetic thing (if only it were!).

We were watching one of the Michael J Fox movies and I told my husband
what I'd read on the list about him having PD- and he was surprised.  His
first reaction was 'But he is so very young!'

Alzheimer's got a bit boost from Ronald Reagan- IMHO.  My brother watched
a PBS documentary on his life and told me that he was glad that my father
had PD and not Alzheimers- he said that with Alz. the person slipped in and
out of his old self and that it was very heart-breaking... But on an aside
it certianly helped spread teh word on the disease.  And you know how PBS
documentaries are- they get shown again and again.