Hi List friends,
I have a story that I would like to share with all of you who have low
back pain, Maybe it is not relevant to spinal stenosis, but since one of
the reccomended treatments is exercise and physical thearpy, then my
story may help some of you or your  friends with varying degrees of
lower back pain.
About 35 years ago I hurt my back carring a heavy TV. It a long story
which I wont go into very much, but I had sugery twice and it made the
pain worse both times. I managed to live with the pain and complete my
working career, but I now have a problem with my sleeping bacause of
many pain pills, muscle relaxantes, and tranquilizers that I have taken
over the years. I am not taking anything now, but the most inportant
thing I want you all to know is that I cured 90% of the back pain by
discovering a specifict type of exercise. Here is what I have to do,
after a long day of work or activity, when I get home I lay on the floor
on my stomach, for 5 or 10 minutes just resting. then I start lifting my
legs one at a time, 20 or 30 times, Then I start lifting my upper body,
Also I pull my heels up against my behind. After 15 to 30 minutes,
something pops in my spine, first 1 small pop, then 3 small pops then 5
big pops. It sounds like cracking your knuckles. I keep doing these
HYPERTENSION exercises untill I can't make it pop any more. This
process, as I said, releives a great deal of the pain, I usually
continue to lay on the floor for a total of 45 min's to 1 hour. I also
do some modified pushups, from my knees, not my toes. In my case it is
like taking a shot of morphine and it working in 15 min's with no side
effects.
This may not work for anybody else in the world, but the one thing it
does prove is that exercise, of the right kind can help some very
serious back pain. I guess I should say that you should check with your
doctor before trying this. You must start slow!!! as these exercises are
very hard to do. Coupled with other exercise I keep very trim.Other
exercise of course for other parts of your body.
I will be glad to give any additional info I can on the list of by phone
(423-875-4573)

Lanier Maddux 62/2   Chattanooga, Tn