Barb wrote about torn rotator cuff healing on it's own:
----------

> Generally a frozen shoulder can become functional
> again by physical therapy tho about 10 percent of
> those having physical therapy don't respond and
> subsequently continue to suffer pain and loss of full
> movement in the affected arm.  As a rule this can be
> corrected by out-patient surgery plus post-surgical
> physical therapy.
>
> For some unknown reason, occasionally a torn rotator
> cuff will heal on it's own, tho this doesn't happen with
> great frequency.
>
> Barb Mallut
There is a very healthy older(70's) lady who exercises at the gym where I
walk/lift light weights who had a torn rotator cuff in her shoulder.  She
didn't want surgery with it's non-perfect guarantees and swears by physical
therapy.  She took therapy for the # of weeks allowed by her insurance and
then came to the gym on her own and she is alot stronger than I am!!!  Even
the surgeon who she went to for a second opinion said he didn't know what
she was doing for the shoulder, but to keep it up.  FYI her husband, now
deceased was a PWP and when I told her I was diagnosed with PD, she said
she had thought I might based on her observation of how I held my body and
walked.  She has been very supportive and encouraged me to go for the 2nd
opinion at KUMed Ctr. saying that even Mayo's where her husb had gone
initially said that he should go there as it was well known for movement
disorder treatment and was much closer than Mayo's.

I believe in the combination of meds, exercise, nutrition, positive
attitude, rest and support of family and friends.  Thanks  list
friends/family.

Jeanette Fuhr 47/7mos.