Trish,

If I had read both post before answering the first one I could have saved time.

No, he can't take sinemet CR with his meals, both CR and regular Sinemet
react to protien the same way.  Kathryanne Holden is our advisor on what
and when to eat it.  Hope she will jump in here and help you out

jjjane
http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/medical/palross/palross.htm