I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis some years ago. My GP sent me to an
orthopedic surgeon who had xrays and either catscan or MRI, I can't remember
which, then to a neurosurgeon who said it wasn't bad enough to operate. The
success of the operation is about  50% and the criterion of success is that
there is no more pain after than before - they don't like to operate until
you can't walk.I have been told this not only by these doctors but doctor
friends who checked into the subject for me. The relief is pain-killers,
which eventually gave me a bleeding ulcer. I know I'm not sounding very
optimistic, but I find if I can get my weight down the pain goes down.
Bob Anibal  CG for Cecily  78/20