Not only that, but the only "Awareness" currently seems to to come right
after some television publicity about some "cure" or other that's recently
been discovered: the 60 min piece on pig implants, the "cause" having been
been discovered in some Italian genes, pallidotomies ("Hey, Bruce, when are
you going to have that operation?"), etc., etc.

The latest one about the pigs, 2 people have asked me how soon I could get
that done.  Hell, I don't know anymore about it than 60 min showed, which
wasn't much!  I asked here if anyone knew what the ramifications were of
the statement that 6 of 12 pig cell recipients benefited and no one did.
It's still an experimental hush-hush program.  We don't have any idea if its
going to work.  My point is that, yes, I agree that those  full-page
magazine ads would be good for PD awareness, pointing out that none of these
advances can remotely be called a cure and that much more needs to be done.
Alzimers, MS and the other groups aren't putting forth that kind of effort
for nothing. Phew, kinda early to get this riled up about magazine ads, eh?