I think a lot of people new to computers don't know how to set up
Outlook/netscape kind of mailers to send plain text messages.  I know
that my Mom sends both text and html via Outlook- I've told her to
send text only but so far she has not figured it out.  (I opened
Outlook and tried to figure out how to set it up so that I could
send her the instructions- did not seem like there was a
straightforward way to do this- if you know, please send me email).

On another note, Mom sent some fancy formatted letter for my husband-
Unix Netscape opened it and it looked just great, but it kept crashing
PC Netscape... Must be intentional :-) :-)

abi