In a message dated 6/29/98 6:20:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<         Second, re pesticides and well water issues, there are more than 30
 studies which confirm an association between PD and rural living, drinking
 well water, involvement in agricultural pursuits, etc., so you are correct
 in seeking an explanation there.  Again, however, the scientific community
 overall stops short of calling these factors A cause or THE cause of
 disease. >>

I don't understand why if there are 30 studies which confirm an association
between PD and pesticides in well water that they don't alert the general
public to this fact.  Back when my family was drinking water out of a well
that was less than a foot away from a farmer's field they probably were
unaware of the association, but now that they know why aren't they trying to
protect other people from going through the same heartache that we are.  It
makes me angry to think that right now there could be thousands of people
drinking well water that could trigger such a terrible disease just because
they are uninformed about the dangers.

Kathy