Dear List Family....

With our List owner's blessing (Hey... THANKS, Barb P!) I'm posting this on
the List in the hopes that something we've often discussed here on the List
can be created in my home in a micro-mini way.

(Barb sets the stage) I've had PD for about 23 years and had a unilateral
pallidotomy five years ago which continues to be very beneficial.  I'm mobile
<IF I take my Sinemet timely!>, single, and live in the San Fernando Valley
area of Los Angeles.  I've lived in, and own, a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, two
story townhouse for over 16 years.

When my 2 daughters grew up and moved into homes of their own, I rented out
their bedrooms and have had room mates ever since.  Most have been positive
experiences, and a couple were, unfortunately, the "nightmare roomies from
HELL!"   YIKES!!!  (shuddering at the memory)

That said, for several months I've been mulling around the idea of creating a
small, three-person, residential Parkinson's community within my own home.
This would be a "first," as far as I know... a "first" within the greater
Parkinson's community, and certainly a first for me.

While I wouldn't call this an assisted living situation, I DO envision mutual
helpful EFFORTS within our community... efforts at making life as a Parkie,
and life in general, more comfortable for each of us.  Ideally, in order for
this to work the three of us would need to each feel a sense of responsibility
towards our group.

That said, I'm looking for two MOBILE people with Parkinson's to share my home
with me in a traditional room mate living arrangement, with consideration to
the fact that all three of us would have Parkinson's and we must be thoughtful
of that in order to live with maximum comfort together.

Costs and other pertinent information should be discussed in email or via
telephone so we won't tie up List space and/or bore everyone to death with
minutiae.

Suggestions on how to make an experimental living experience such as this work
in a mutually beneficial way for people with Parkinson's ARE most welcome and
prolly can be discussed publicly here on the List (uhhh...I guess..) <grin>

My phone number is:  (818) 705-3037
My email address is:   [log in to unmask]

Ohhh... this is SO exciting to me!  And interesting!   I can't wait to see the
outcome of this novel approach to living with PD...

Barb Mallut