I would like to introduce myself - I am a family physician at the Mount Sinai
Hospital in Toronto, assistant professor in the Faculty of Medicine at University of
Toronto and editor of informed, a quarterly publication for physicians from the
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences in Ontario (ICES).

 I am in the process of preparing our September issue of informed. One of our
feature articles is on Parkinson's. The purpose of the article is to familiarize
physicians with the early signs of Parkinson's, diagnostic criteria and the current
therapies available for symptomatic and neuroprotective treatment.

I am looking for short - 1-2 sentence quotations- from people with Parkinson's,
family and friends about their experience with Parkinson's in order to provide a
human face to the article. I want to make sure that my readers understand that
Parkinson's is not about drugs or surgery, but about people and their experiences.

If you are willing to supply a quotation for me, I would be very appreciative! All
quotations can either be anonymous, first or full name, as you desire.

I would appreciate any responses by Friday, July 10 by e-mail at
[log in to unmask] I realize this is short notice, but I am on a fairly tight
production schedule!

Diane L. Kelsall MD MEd CCFP
Editor, informed
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences

Thank you all for considering this request.