In an effort to get some publicity for PD, I e-mailed a story idea to the
St. Joseph News Press.  I suggested that the story/ies of persons with
chronic illness( Parkinson's, Diabetes, Alzheimer's, Hypertension i.e.)
would show that in spite of their illness, people often find that life when
consisting of lemons, could be made into lemonade.  I mentioned the number
of support group meetings that the News Press lists in their calendar of
events as proof of the # of persons available to get stories from and told
them I was a member of the St. Joseph Parkinson's Support Group that meets
monthly in St. Joseph.  I've not heard back on my suggestion, but would
encourage list members to make a similar request of their own local papers
and volunteer to tell your own lemons to lemonade story with a reference of
course to hoped for cause/cure discovery when research is funded for the
1999 FY Nat'l Budget.

Similar story suggestions could be made to the TV station/s in your area.
Esp. if they have a health or personal story segment.  We need to put the
faces of the multitude of people who have pd and how the disease effects
them, their families and friends out where the public can see us and
realize that PD is NOT only a disease of the elderly and noone is immune
from pd.

Jeanette Fuhr 47/7mos.