At 11:30 AM 7/2/98 , Dr. William Heitman wrote:

>Phil,
>
>I did it too when new.  Maybe we can send out a protocol letter upon signing
>on new folks.  If so it should be very brief, but one item should be "SEND NO
>ATTACHMENTS THROUGH THE LIST PLEASE!"
>
>WHH 54/18

However, on my Eudora 4.0, I still received an attachment with Phil's
letter of apology.
It was entitled "The mail and problems I caused."  Apparently some e-mail
clients want to spit out an attachment automatically that carries the
subject of the e-mail and which I receive as a file which consumes drive
space if I don't erase it.  Other e-mail clients send out "vcards," which
must also be erased.  These are unintentional attachments which are of no
use to most e-mail clients.  They occupy bandwidth when being transmitted
and drive space after they are received.

If you have an e-mail client that produces such attachments, you may not
even be aware of it.  But if you know about them and if it is possible to
eliminate them, please do.

Art

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377
 (nickname on instant mail, ICQ, and chat programs is cutterson)

   Always Remember This:  Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness