Kathrynne- A thank you and a question.  I have been using your helpful on-line
words to others for the last few months and have ordered your book.  Everything
you say makes sense and I appreciate your help.
My question comes out of my growing problem with fecal incontinence.  My internist
and neurologist have told me that what I had thought was diarrhea is really
constipation overflow and now the Gastroenterologist the Neuro sent me to says
that the anal sphincter is completely gone and although I should increase my fiber
intake (which is about 20-25 grams now) and increase my Fibercon and water intake,
the only real help I can expect is from an enema every other morning.  He said
this might be forever or perhaps I would find some help after a while with
suppositories and the Fibercon and Fiber.  At first I was horrified (as I have
never had an enema except for pre-surgery) but after the first week of this I find
I feel quite liberated, able to go out without fear for the first time in a long
while.  Giving myself the enemas is a nuisance, but that's all.
I exercise with a trainer 3 mornings a week and have felt unable to even go
walking--and now I can.  And I have been terrorized by my digestive system
whenever I travel for work or pleasure--and now feel I can go to Italy in August
with some control over my bowels.

Do you think I am making a mistake by going this route?  Perhaps this isn't a fair
question but if you have an opinion on this, I would very much appreciate hearing
from you.

Thanks