Bruce Anderson wrote:

>I apparently also have spinal stenosis and I can assure you it is worse than
>PD at the stage I am in at least.  I had my second steroid shot yesterday
>(is this the same as cortisone?), but the doctor at the pain management
>center was unenthusiastic about success when I told him that the first one
>didn't have any positive effect.  And I am also limited as to painkillers
>because of a stomach prone to bleeding.  All I can take is Percocet, which
>is a narcotic and doesn't work so well anyway.  Along with the other 3 list
>members who recently asked for suggestions, if anyone knows anything about
>it, or about non-aspirin based alternative painkillers,  please post.
>Thanks.
>Bruce Anderson (52, 3.5+)

Hi Bruce--
If you have problems with Percocet it may be because it is an opiate, and
these are all a "no-no" for PWPs, since they compete for the receptors and
make meds less effective. That's what we were told, and Peter's experience
with Percocet post-op was a disaster. He was told that plain old Tylenol
was what he should use.  (He doesn't have the stomach problem, though).

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9
  Oxford, OH
"http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/camilla/one.htm" My Home Page

                 * Ask me about the CARE list for*