Hi list members,
This is a follow up on my prev post about back pain. Lots of people have
low back pain, but it seems to me that a higher percentage of PWP's have
it than in than the  general population.
I have a theory on what causes a lot of the pain.Think about this, when
you sit up in bed first thig in the morning you are  leaning forward.
When you put on your socks you are LF (leaning forward). When you brush
your teeth you are LF.  When you eat breakfast you are LF. When you
sweep ;the front porch you are LF. When you sit in a chair, which
everyone does a lot of, right?, you are LF. When you drive or ride in a
car yoy are LF. Etc........all day we are all leaning forward many
hours. You all know that after a long car ride, when we step out of the
car we can't stand up straight. Our back muscles are crying for relief,
which we can get by ever so slightly, leaning BACKWARD for a few
seconds. So, my theory is that we need to do are HYPEREXTENSION
exercises, leaning backward! The way I do it is by laying on the floor
and lifting my legs and upper body, in other words, hyperextension
exercises. Some doctors will tell you not to do this, and you should use
caution. But if you ask a doctor of physical medicine, he will tell you
that this is exactly what we need to do to releive the tension in our
backs that has built up all day while we are leaning forwad.
My wife tells me that what I am doing is a form of yoga. Streching
muscles to relieve tension. I am not a very good writer, or typist, so I
hope you can make sense of what I am trying to say. I will probably
think of some more thing on this subject but for now I am "out of here".

Lanier Maddux       Chattanooga Tn.