[log in to unmask] writes:

<< your other message about well water drinking may mean that the desert
 southwest and most of the Perrier et al bottled water is expensive poison -
 or, the correlation may exist because some portion of simple shallow wells
 are contaminated.  ancient water from deep wells is the source of water in
 this valley in California. i doubt there is any correlation to my PD. >

I am afraid you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say.  Perhaps I
didn't do a very good job of explaning myself.  Please allow me to try again
and hopefully I can do better this time.
I was not by any means trying to say that all well water is contaminated.  I
realize that most people probably get there water from wells.  I have however
read in several different places now, that it is known that there is a greater
than would be expected number of people with PD that drank well water from
wells that were very close to farmers fields.  I am not trying to say either
that everybody who drinks well water from wells that are very close to farmers
fields will get PD as it seems as if there must be some kind of predisposition
to getting it and then the well water then just triggers it.  The only point I
was trying to make is knowing this, I would not drink water again from a well
that is so close to a farmer's field.  That does not mean that I would not
drink water from any well as I have drank bottled water myself without fear.
I do feel like the general public should be aware of the situation so that if
they have a well that is very close to the edge of a farmer's field they can
have their water tested for pesticides, etc..  At least if people are informed
they can make a decision for themselves as to whether or not they want to take
the chance of drinking the water of such a well.  I just know for myself that
I would want to be informed of such a risk if one was known.  I know when the
farmer who used to farm the field behind our house was asked by one of our old
neighbors why he had stopped farming it he said it was because he didn't
realize that some of us had wells that were on the edge of his field and he
was afraid but he didn't say what he was afraid of.  We didn't know why he
would say that but now I wonder if he became aware of some danger himself
somehow.  As far as I am concerned that is all in the past and we will never
know if it contributed or not.  Right now I am just searching for reasons.  I
am sorry but at the moment I just feel the need to do this.  I know this
feeling will pass but please keep in mind that right now this is all very new
to me.    I would just like to help others to become informed so that
something good can come from this.  I hope this clears up what I meant.  It is
so hard to convey what you feel over the computer versus talking in person.

Kathy