Martin Purchase wrote:

> Does anyone have a problem with dry, flaky skin? I have experienced
> this = problem for several months now, especially on my scalp. Is it
> a side = effect of medication. or partly a symptom of PD? By
> contrast I also have = a portion of greasy skin around my nose.

Hello,

One of my very first PD symptoms, occurring prior to tremor, was an
itcy, scaly scalp due to too much skin oil.  This was nothing which
would by itself suggest PD.  Dermatitis and oily skin are mentioned
as secondary signs of PD in the book Parkinson's Disease by Abraham
Lieberman M.D. and Frank L. Williams, published by Simon & Schuster.
This book contains the most complete list and discussion of PD
symptoms that I have seen, although it may not have them all.

I don't know whether it is related, but the skin on my palms has
tended to peel ever since childhood.  Once a dermatologist looked at
and said with great certainty that it was eczema.  Eczema is, I
learned later, what you call it when you don't know what it is.

I now feel an urge to digress on the topic of our education system
rewarding children for giving answers, and what children in whom this
tendency is cultivated to excess grow up to become ... please hit
your delete buttons, folks!

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
60/9