John Faus wrote:
 >The
>complaints are: (A) gastro-intestinal -- cramping, gas/bloating, and
diarrhea;

John,

I am in no position to comment on whether or not your symptoms are related
to Mirapax as I have not used it, however the bloating you mention could
well be associated with PD as such.  I experience bloating as one of my
"off"  symptoms.  The bloating stops as soon as I move into the "on" phase
of my cycle.  This is not a 'sense' of being bloated being replaced by a
'sense' of not being bloated.  If I don't immediately adjust my belt by 2
notches my trousers end up around my ankles.  Believe me, losing your
trousers is as real as it gets.  On one memorable occasion I was leaving my
local shopping mall at full ahead shuffle with my hands full when I "kicked
in".  Having no hands free with which to grab my suddenly descending jeans I
was compelled to change course towards the wall of the mall and use a
hip/wall combination to apply the breaks and retain my modesty (my dignity
had become a casualty about 2 seconds into the experience).  Sliding my hip
down the wall whilst keeping enough pressure to keep the old Levi's in
place, I finally got down low enough to place my purchases on the floor.
Hands free at last I adjusted my belt the required 2 notches, tucked in my
shirt, picked up my parcels, and strode away in Dr Jekyll mode.

Sadly Dr JekylI is the only medico who includes this in his list of PD
symptoms. I have spoken with other PWP who also experience bloating as part
of their "on/off" syndrome, so it is not unique to me - but it is not
mentioned in the literature and I have yet to meet a neurologist who will
give it more than a grudging "maybe".

Dennis.