Friends,

This may sound a bit strange to most of you, but take this from one who has
seen both sides of agony.
As some of you know, my Parkinsonism was caused by a brief, yet severe,
exposure to carbon monoxide. This is not a "Possible" cause of my P.D. In
other words, I was perfectly normal one day, was in a coma for four days, and
when I awoke, had the most severe type of akinetic Parkinson's you could
imagine. Sorry to say, I have not really recovered.
At any rate, a few of you may also know that the poisoning was a suicide
attempt. I had suffered from a terrible, odd kind of depression for three
years up to the attempted suicide at the age of eighteen.
I am going to tell you something you may not believe, right here and now. If I
were to be given the choice between spending the rest of my life tied up in
the chains that I currently find myself in, and the second option of being in
the depths of hell that I was in before the "Onset" of this physical illness,
there would be no choice. It may not be what some of you expect or even want
to hear, but severe P.D. is a flesh wound, a mere scratch, compared to the
f***ing agony that was caused by the emotional instability that I went through
from the ages of 15 to 18. That's the God's honest truth.

Jacob (27,9)