Dennis Greene wrote:
> I have tried braces, but find the thin ones uncomfortable and can only find
> wide ones that attach using buttons.  As I can't find trousers with the
> appropriate buttons at a price I am willing to pay, and as I am not
> motivated enough (that's PCSpeak for "I'm to darn lazy") to sew buttons onto
> ordinary trousers, I shall just have to go on living on the edge

I missed the start of this thread (!) on men's wear, but I recall, in
the '40s and '50s, brief popularity of a variant of the three-piece
suit, in which the vest and trousers were combined as a single garment,
and with conventional jacket (buttoned) looked like any other 3-piece.
I forget the name, but they were supposed to be quite comfortable- ask
your friends on Savile Row. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694