Dear List,
Spoke with Representative Dale Kildee's office Wed. or Thursday and his L. A.
told me that I was on her list to call, that they had sent the letter to
Congressman Porter and that she wanted to tell me that when we left their
office (in DC), she and Dale had agreed that they had never had a more moving
meeting and had later wept.  We had had "our secret weapon" with us, in the
person of Jim Bence, a most wonderful young person with Parkinson's from
Fenton, MI, who was the very best spokesperson we could have had.  Jim is most
articulate when he is "on," but toward the end of our meeting, he "froze,"
which said it all.  I then turned to Dale and said,
"Let your legacy be the cure of Parkinson's Disease," and in response
Congressman Kildee replied, "I accept your challenge!"

If possible, even if you are not his constituent, please drop him a note
either by email or snail mail.  He needs to know how much we as a community
appreciate his support and how word gets out.

Thanks.
Barb Brock cg Art