I also have the fluid build up in the ankles, & the bloated stomach. I
can not determine if
it is the mirapex that is doing this or the increased in appetite that
may be the result of some of the meds. My weight has been steadily
increasing from 177 in Sep 1997 to
195 now.
1995 Sept   Diagnosed with pd
1996 Jan     started on Amantadine 2 weeks discontinued, side effects.
1996 July     Started on eldepryl 5 mg at breakfast (still on)
1997 April   Started on Sinemet cr 25/100 one per day AM (still on)
1997 July     Started on Mirapex worked up to 1 mg 3x day
1997 Aug     Adjusted Mirapex to 1/2 mg 3x day
1998 Jan      Adjusted Mirapex to 1/2 mg am, 1/2 mg noon 1 mg evening
1998 March Pri doctor left off cardizem & added Hydrin 2 mg 1x per day
                    40 mg, lasix at 6 AM for fluid-tryed 2 weeks but
could not tell
                    any difference & I quit.
1998            Pri. doctor said to watch diet & walk a lot would help
the fluid
                    leave off lasix.

                    ps. Cass, we do have a pet. A 13 year old poodle,
named Buddy.
                                              Jim & Betty