John!

With your contribution of the 4th.  July, you invite a feedback from anyone
else who has experienced the gastro-intestinal problems that I recognized only
too well!

I am a 69/11 PD.  The daily drugs mix does not include Mirapex.  Amongst
others are:-

                                                 Jumaxel        2x  5mg - aid to
extend the "on" phase
        (Selegeline/Eldepryl)
                                                 Madopar "DR" 250      1'000mg
=  800mg levodopa
        (Sinemet)
        ReQuip  14mg  - dopamine agonist
        (Ropinirole)
        Aldozone        25  mg  - to reduce excess body water

A minimum intake of 3 quarts liquid is programmed and usually met.

To me, what is especially frustrating is the feeling of  absolute inability to
exercise any control.  I am no longer in charge of myself!  The efforts made
when the cramps announce themselves without warning are painful and tiring;
as more often than not they are unsuccessful in achieving a satisfactory
result, indeed the end result always seems to be a surprise and is never the
"right" volume of discharge to earn a moment or two's well earned peace! All
this results in an even stronger "inner resistance" against a wish to do
anything or go anywhere. A usually positive approach to  PD is put to a severe
test.

My report may not be of headline quality but perhaps, there may be a phrase, a
word or a thought that could act as a stimulus. The offer of a "relief"
medicine would be the best reward to everyone having to face up to the vicious
and ever present PD.

Should you wish any further detail or information from me, then do please ask.

With every good wish

RAE

[log in to unmask](Rae Paterson)