On Wed 01 Jul, Camilla H.Flintermann wrote:
> Myron Greene writes:
>

>         (care of Camilla Flintermann)
>
>                Please reply to:
>
>         Myron Greene, <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Myron,  It is a relatively rare event to read of someone's
experience which I feel is relevant to my situation. When you get to
my position (Age 58; Diagnosed 19 years ago; first symptoms 25 years
ago ) and pause for a moment to look at what is going on, it seems a
bit lonely out there.

   I was put on Parlodel early in my PD life, with very similar results
to you: I became very neurotic, and gave my wife a hard time for 6
months, until I fortuunately realised something was wrong- gave up
Parlodel at that instant, and in 2 weeks I was back to normal.

   You may know that I have used my personal experience to write a
computer program which helped me to get the absolute maximum
effectiveness out of Sinemet (or Madopar in my case). I currently take
around 800 mg of levadopa per day, and 4 mg Pergolide per day.
Pergolide I know gives some people problems but for me it has been fine,
doing just what it claims to do: take more Dopamine or Dopamine agonist
without provoking worse dyskinesia. The problem is that having achieved
such accuracy in analysis, I can also look into the near future... and
that shows that I am running out of time. Above 4 mg , the side effects
of Pergolide can be pretty severe: I will find out how bad in about one
to two years.
   I am getting a rather cynical attitude about Mirapex - it seems to me
that anything which requires so much self-sacrifice must be a bit suspect.
I hope I do not have to consider using it.  I feel that too many people
jump desperately  from one to anothee of the Dopamine agonists, even though
they are getting good performance from their present drug. It becomes
a question of fashion, which is no way to go.  Let us know how you get on

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>