Hello, all...

Sorry for the later reply.. I've been a bit busy lately.   Watching this
thread has been interesting.  I wonder as many of you do if there may be
another, previously unrecogonized gastrointestinal symptom to  PD.

However, I would encourage those with bloating and upper abdominal pains to
see their primary care docs about it.  While those symptoms can be from a
whole host of causes, one cause that is fairly easy to take care of is
gallstones.  Classical description of the symptoms are upper abdominal
bloating, crampy pain, sometimes nausea or even vomiting.  These symptoms
are often(but not always) brought on or made worse when eating greasy or
fatty foods.  Other things to look for are jaundice or very light colored
(no yellow or brown at all) stools/bowel movements.

I want to be clear that I am not trying to diagnose here, but I would
encourage those with these symptoms to not ignore them as there may be a
fairly simple solution.  It seems to me that it is tempting to write any
symptoms off as related to PD when you have this disease.  Sure is sad,
though to suffer when you don't have to....  :)

Good luck to all, and feel free to email me privately if you have any
questions.

Faye Armstrong-Paap (M.D.... board certified general surgeon)