Dokfaye writes:

>However, I would encourage those with bloating and upper abdominal pains to
>see their primary care docs about it.  ..............those symptoms can be
from a
>whole host of causes,

This is obviously sound advice.

In my response to John Faus' posting I said that I believed that my own
bloating was related to my 'on/off' syndrome.  What I neglected to say, and
should have said, was that I reached that conclusion only after eliminating
other more sinister causes. When the symptoms first appeared some years ago
I reported them to my GP.  This initiated a sequence of events in which I
was poked, prodded and pushed, given Barium at both ends, and had my insides
inspected by a variety of devices.

Happily the results of all these tests were negative.  I have been assured
that as far as medical science is concerned apart from the small matter of
PD I am disgustingly healthy.

I join with dokfaye in urging those of you with bloating and/or abdominal
pain to check for possible non PD causes.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/11
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/