On Mon, 6 Jul 1998 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Re: on-line Book Shopping
>
> Stay alert. I've ordered books from both B&N and Amazon. In BOTH cases they
> were out of print or back ordered and no one bothered to inform me, untill I
> called well after I should have gotten them.
>
> Duane Y.

I have ordered from B&N and was very happy.  Right after the order was
placed I received an e-mail confirming my order and the price.

I was sent a second e-mail when the order had been shipped and
when to expect it.  It was easy.  I do enjoy going to the store and
wandering around looking at every catagory that interests me and having a
cup of coffee, but the store is a 45 minute drive away and I don't always
have the luxury of the time.

I haven't ordered from Amazon so I can't give my two cents worth.

Joan Cutchins