Hello all,

I've been lurking around this list for some time.  I, like Didi, have an
aunt, whom I'm very close to, who has PD.  She's 68 and been diagnosed 3
years - but had the disease much longer. My frustrations are that she
refuses to discuss the disease and the impact it's having on her.  She
almost seems in denial.  She refuses to explore physical therapy, yoga,
support groups or anything that may help her physically and mentally come to
terms with the disease. She is taking Sinemet, but refuses to increase her
dosage in fear she'll get to the point where it won't be effective for her
anymore.

So I'm on the list to learn more about PD and the way it effects the body
and will be relaying some of the information to my aunt.

Thanks!