Hi Tina,
I lurk a lot too. My mom has pd too about 1 year diagnosed. She too
doesn't seam to be too interested in support groups, exercises etc.
  Most of what she has learned she has gotten from this list via me and
stuff my other sibs have garnered for her. Her neuro was of little help
told her to learn all she could about pd and meds.
   the sibs are trying to get her    up on a computer and onto this list.
She did seem to like that idea. Got the computer , now were waiting for
my closest brother to get her started. We live all over the states, I the
farthest in colo mom lives in NY.
  I think it is denial at least a little. I hope both our parkies get off
their butt's and fight back.
Nancyy