I listen to PBS radio all the time (and yes, we're members) and I
just sent the following to the email address of the Forum show on KQED FM
and Talk of the Nation.

When they talked about Dole vs. Clinton- one thing they mentioned was
that the Clinton people always made sure that the Radio people were
taken care of, but that the Dole people did not.  They talked about how
often news items were repeated on Radio and how many more people listened
to PBS/news on the radio than TV (the Dole people were more focused on TV)
and that there was something to be said for news being repeated many many
times.  So how about people writing to their Radio shows?  I know that Talk
of the nation is carried all over the US- (for the non US people-Talk of the
nation is a show where they talk about all kinds of things, but it is a
balanced newsy show where people can call in with questions/comments.  More
details on the npr web page at http://www.npr.org )

More details on Forum can be had at http://www.kqed.org

PS:  I've seen stuff mentioned on Radio and pretty soon, I see an article
about it in Newsweek/ the paper etc.

I am an avid listener of your program and greatly enjoy the shows.  Thanx
for the show.

My request now- My father was diagnosed as having Parkinson's Disease
about 2 yrs ago.  Since then, our lives have undergone tremendous changes
to learn and cope with this disease.  I've recently joined a list server
on the internet, which is an online support and information network that
over 1600 people subscribe to.  Joining the list has made our experience
less lonesome and bizzarre and we have learnt about new drugs and therapies
via this exchange.

Awareness of Parkinson's Disease (PD) is very low- most people (including
us before my father's diagnosis) think that it is something that
afflicts only the elderly (not true- people in their twenties have been
diagnosed as having PD) and the only negative effect of PD is the
awkward tremor.  Now, we know differently.  Living with PD is literally
a roller coaster ride- with daily ups and downs.  A Webring has been
put up by people who participate in the PD listserver.  the address is

The Official PWP Dumpster Gang Hideout
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/
The PWP WebRing
http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=parkie;list
The Parkinson Alliance
http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/

It would go a long long way in increasing awareness of PD and have an
enormous impact on the lives of the million plus people who are afflicted with
PD.

Thanx for listening.

abi murthy