Dear Listmembers,
Gil Lieberman sent a most interesting post from
Aliza's niece,Prof.Jan Bruckner,
>author of:
>The Gait Workbook(1998)
>Jan is a Prof. of Physical Therapy and Anthroplology at Northeastern
>Univ.,Boston.
>She did her PH.D. research on studies of how early man learned to
>walk,developing
>four-dimensional computer models of walking patterns.
>
>She replied as follows:
>Gil Lieberman,CG for Aliza
>-------
>
>I am not familiar with the U-Step walker but we can try and find it on
>the web.
> Anything that widens ones base of support provides increased
>stability. There are circular versions of walkers that people use with
>infants who are pre-ambulatory which enable the child to be up-right
>and move from place to place. The U-Step sounds like an adult version.

Unless it has recently been listed, U-Step is not on the Web, because I am
the Australian distributor for these U-Step Walking Stabilizers.

 The U-Step is manufactured by In-Step Mobility Products Corp., 8040
Ridgeway, Skokie Illinois, USA 60076.

The company is owned by Jonathon Miller who designed the U-Step for his
mother who had balance and gait problems due to a neurological disorder,
and after he failed to find an adequate walker for her.

Jonathon keeps promising to get on email/the web, but until then, you can
contact him on Ph: 847 676 1202 or Fax 847 676 1202
800 558 7837 (free call in the USA)

He can ship/send U-Steps anywhere.

If you do contact him, please tell him that Joy Graham sent you!

If you would like more information about the U-Step, I will gladly email
you the last posting I made to the List on the subject (if you did not save
it).

You may be interested in Dr Abe Lieberman's (Medical Director National
Parkinson Foundation & Executive Director Muhammad Ali Parkinson Research
Centre, Phoenix, Arizona) comments on the U-Step:

"I recommend the U-Step.  It is useful for patients with balance problems
because of its wide base."

If there is anyone on the List who has a scanner and could scan a picture
of the U-Step on to the Web for List members to access, I would gladly send
you a photo!

Sincerely

Joy Graham