Jeanette and other list members,
I, too, have found that handing the letter to someone at a local office is
helpful in getting a response.  I can remember feeling embarrassed because I
had a whole little speech prepared to give with it and, instead, started to
cry as I handed it to the woman at the Congressman's local office.  Well, by
the next morning, his LA in charge of health issues and another staffer had
each phoned.  The letter had been faxed to DC and they were asking me how they
could help.  That personal contact is important.
Sincerely,
Barb Brock