A friend sent this, & I thought that you might enjoy it, nancy v h

AGING
~=A4~~=A4~~=A4~

When I was young my slippers were red,
   I could kick up my heels right over my head.
~=A4~
   When I grew older my slippers were blue,
   But still I could dance, the whole night through.
~=A4~
   Now I am old, my slippers are black,
   I walk to the store and puff my way back.
~=A4~
   The reason my youth is now all spent,
   My get up and go has got up and went.
~=A4~
   But I really don't mind when I think with a grin,
   Of all the grand places my get up has been.
~=A4~
   Since I've retired from life's competition,
   I busy myself with complete repetition.
~=A4~
   I get up in the morning and dust off my wits,
   Pick up the paper and read the obits.
~=A4~
   If my name is not there I know I'm not dead,
   So I eat a good breakfast and go back to bed