I happened to notice in the new Newsweek ( July 13,'98) a short note about
a new software  program. Here's the quote:(pg.10)
"Talk about t good deal---or write about it with Free Speech 98, a $39.00
voice recognition program by Phillips (www.freespeech98.com). Like its more
costly competitors, Free Speech98 accurately trans;lates speech into text
and lets users navigate Windows with somple voice commends instyead of a
mouse. Out of the box, the program has a 270,000 word vocabulary and can be
customized to recognize 64,000 more. To get talking, you'll need a
microphone, a sound card equivalent to Sound Blaster and something to say."

Disclaimer: I only know what I read in Newsweek! Don't own stock in
Phillips, don't have or expect to get a program like this--but thought
folks might be interested.  ;-)

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9
  Oxford, OH
"http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/camilla/one.htm" My Home Page