The discussion on ALS has been interesting to me. We have worked with a
youth group at our church with a couple in the kitchen for 4 years. Last
summer he was diagnosised with ALS. It is a very fast moving disease I am
sorry to say. They have been campground host for the last 2 years and are
up in the mountains right now. I am praying they make it through the
summer. He is still walking, but does fall occasionally. As he and I were
making a 'trip' around the campground I told him about my dad and PD. His
response was 'stupid brain'! I looked at him and we both laughed. What I
admire about him and the people I "see" on this list is the courage and
humor. As I have been told by people in tough situations - If you don't
laugh you cry. I am thankful for the laughter!
I will be shuting down my mail here for a while as I drive back to
Michigan to visit my family. Dad turned 78 yesterday. What I will take
with me from the knowledge I have gained off this list is to remember
that he is still an independent, stubborn Hollander (sorry Hans!!). And I
am thankful for that!!
Jean